Wednesday 28 October 2009

Barbara Windsor leaving UK soap Eastenders


Actress Barbara Windsor, a 15 year stalwart of the long running UK soap series Eastenders is to leave the BBC One soap next year. 72 year old Barbera Windsor has played the feisty Mitchell family matriarch character Peggy Mitchell in the soap series since 1994.

Windsor won a lifetime achievement award at the 2009 British Soap Awards.

Barbara Windsor claims that she is leaving because she wants to spend more time with her husband although her agent has said that she will not be retiring from show business completely.
"I'll be so sad to leave Peggy behind. EastEnders has been wonderful to me and it's no secret that it changed my life all of those years ago. I'm looking forward to the future and I suppose when all's said and done, I should spend a bit more time with my old man, as he's not getting any younger." she said.

No comments:

Related Posts by Categories



Widget by Hoctro | Jack Book
About Us | Site Map | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | Blog Design | Creative Commons License